Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/d9b6f2/interior_design_in) has announced the addition of John Wiley and Sons Ltd's new book "Interior Design in Practice: Case Studies of Successful Business Models" to their offering.
Through real-world case studies, master the business of interior design practice Whether you hope to own your own company, grow your company, or rise high in the managerial ranks of a larger practice, you must have a tight grasp of business basics in order to succeed as an interior designer. Interior Design in Practice provides the vital business education an interior designer needs. It describes in detail how to plan and launch an interior design business, and how to grow that business towards success.
- Through real-world case studies, you'll learn the essentials of building a design practice, including:
- Deciding how and when to use business planning, strategic planning, and financial planning to your benefit
- Techniques to build teams and motivate team members
- Ways to avoid costly mistakes
- Advice on branding and marketing your firm and yourself
- Methods to integrate new technology into your day-to-day practice, marketing, and networking
Co-authored by a former ASID national president and an experienced design writer and editor, Interior Design in Practice assists interior designers with practical, from-the-field advice, along with enlightening case studies throughout the book. Both budding entrepreneurs and seasoned design practitioners will find this comprehensive, real-world guide a welcome stepping-stone to success.
Key Topics Covered:
- Part I: Starting an Interior Design Business.
- Chapter 1: The Beginning.
- Chapter 2: Structure and Support.
- Chapter 3: Communications and Technology for a Modern Practice.
- Part II: Sustaining and Growing Your Business.
- Chapter 4: Taking Your Business to the Next Level.
- Chapter 5: Transitioning from Small to Midsize and Large Firms.
- Part III: The End Game.
- Chapter 6: Planning for the Future.
- Appendix A: ASID Sample Interior Design Services Agreements.
- Appendix B: ASID Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct.