The “Six Steps to Sustainable Development for Housing Associations” is a report conceived during research undertaken by Beyond Green and Tellus Consulting for the Housing Corporation’s sustainable development strategy.
The ‘Six Steps’ report was developed to equip all housing associations with a process that will enable them to think through sustainability for themselves and apply its principles effectively in the development of communities and housing of choice. It seeks to encourage associations and their partners to bring sustainability into their mainstream corporate and business plans and make it an everyday practice.
The 6 steps covered in the report are:
- Understanding sustainable development
- Developing strategies, change priorities and implementation plans
- Implementation, learning by doing and the business model
- Integration with corporate business plans and budgeting
- Outcomes and partnerships
- Maturity – the sustainable Housing Association