By Nick Gilbert
Carlisle Coatings & Waterproofing (CCW) has unveiled the first masonry sealer that can be used on damp surfaces, which will provide considerable savings to contractors who use it.
Clear Penetrating Sealer's "no-tarp, no-tape" formula won't harm plants. (PRNewsFoto/Carlisle Coatings & Waterproofing)
CCW Clear Penetrating Sealer is a significant innovation in sealer technology. The proprietary “no-tarp, no-tape” format is not hazardous to plastic, glass, metal and plants, doing away with time-consuming and expensive jobsite prep time. The water-based concentrate is packaged in 1- and 20-liter containers that are easy to transport and store.
Steve Velten, senior research chemist at Carlise Coatings & Waterproofing, elucidated that Clear Penetrating Sealer is a reactive, water-dissolvable nanotechnology akin to the lotus leaf, which is nature’s only self-cleansing organism. When water falls on the lotus leaf, hair-like, nanoscale structures cause the water drop to roll off, collecting dirt as it goes, creating what researchers have termed the “lotus effect”. He added that Carlise Coatings & Waterproofing has come up with a similar formula for the Clear Penetrating Sealer.
Clear Penetrating Sealer has many attributes and advantages such as:
- Suitable for various substrates, thus removing confusing product choices
- 20% increase in coverage rates when compared to competitors’ products
- Allows interior dampness to vanish without causing any deterioration to the sealer
- Complies with VOC stipulations (<350 g/L)
- Can be used even in occupied areas due to very low level of odor
- Causes minimum mildew, atmospheric stains and efflorescence
- UV stable and does not alter the original surface appearance as it is non-staining and transparent