The second edition of ASTM International Standards on Sustainability in Buildings
is now available on CD-ROM.
The compilation, which includes 111 standards, addresses environmental problems
and challenges related to the design, construction, and operation of environmentally
sound and resource-efficient sustainable buildings.
The standards will assist federal and state agencies in complying with federal
mandates that call for environmentally preferable products, energy efficiency,
and sustainable buildings.
The compendium covers building materials, performance of wetlands, and general
principles for life cycle assessment as well as sustainable design, construction,
and operation of buildings.
A complete list of the standards can be accessed by visiting www.astm.org
and entering GREEN05 at the site search.
The standards cover the following:
- Site and Ecosystemsland management, biodiversity impacts, and ecosystem
- Waterwater efficiency and water quality impacts;
- Energyenergy efficiency, renewable energy, and atmospheric impacts;
- Materials, recycled contents, nontoxic and biobased products;
- Indoor Environmental Quality, indoor air quality, acoustics, and lighting;
- and Operations durability, waste management, maintenance, quality of life
(QOL), and life cycle assessment (LCA).
Architects, government agencies, developers, planners, engineers, general
contractors, subcontractors, owners, landscapers, financial organizations related
to the building industry, building materials and product manufacturers, and
other building professionals will find this work to be a valuable resource.
Copies of the CD-ROM, ASTM International Standards on Sustainability in Buildings,
2nd Edition (2005, ISBN: 0-8031-3341-3; stock # GREEN05) are available for $175
North America; $193 elsewhere, from ASTM Customer Service (phone: 610/832-9585;
fax: 610/832-9555; or email@example.com) or online at www.astm.org.