Recurve, a San Francisco-based provider of home performance services that help homeowners and contractors create healthy, energy-efficient homes through green energy remodeling, today announced beta availability of its software suite for home performance contractors, called Recurve Software.
Developed in-house by Recurve, the software will enable home performance contractors to more accurately and profitably manage home energy auditing and retrofitting projects, while meeting government standards and ensuring better results for their customers.
"Recurve is excited to leverage and share the knowledge that we have acquired – from thousands of homes over the past five years, via this easy-to-use platform," said Recurve CEO Pratap Mukherjee. "Our new software can make home performance profitable by dramatically reducing the time and effort required for each energy audit. This will create a new American industry and meet the rising demand from homeowners to save energy and money and create a healthy living environment."
The home performance industry has grown dramatically and is poised for even faster growth with incentive programs – such as the proposed national HOME STAR legislation and attractive financing alternatives – such as the PACE financing districts that are proliferating around the country. The new software developed by Recurve will equip home performance industry participants with a critical tool to successfully manage a greater number of projects and a growing workforce.
"Our software is designed to increase the accuracy and efficiency of the entire project – from the initial audit to determining the project scope to managing the retrofit to measuring the payback and results," said Adam Winter, senior vice president of building science and co-founder, Recurve. "Built by contractors for contractors, it is the first software-as-a-service on the market to provide comprehensive guidance to contractors who wish to perform green retrofits."
Capabilities will allow contractors to do the following:
- Generate fast, high-quality reports and estimates at the time of the energy audit - significantly streamlining the sales process;
- Convert more audits into retrofits by allowing contractors to present the results of the audit to the homeowner immediately, on site, versus weeks later;
- Quickly produce customized whole-home retrofit solutions; and
- Provide accurate pricing estimates that reflect available financing, incentives and rebates.
Other features include:
- Streamlined data collection process to quickly complete the audit while maintaining accuracy and consistency;
- Seamless back-end database that accounts for different climate zones, residential building types, heating systems, and construction characteristics;
- Interactive load calculations based on the industry-standard ACCA Manual J (8th ed.);
- Built-in modeling tool for energy simulations and interactive performance scenarios;
- Error checking and progress monitoring for accurate reporting; and
- Tools for more efficient handoffs from auditors to construction crews.
Recurve is currently testing the software with a number of contractors across the country and will announce general availability of the product in the coming months.