Celcon manufactures a wide range of quality aircrete products, available in a variety of grades and dimensions, and all conforming to BS 6073. This is the excellence of Celcon aircrete.
Design Guidelines for Working with Aircrete Blocks
We recommend that the designer always follow these principles when developing design details:
1. Wherever possible, rooms either side of a separating wall should have similar uses.
2. Ideally services should not pass through, or be chased into, separating walls.
3. Mechanical equipment (such as cooker hoods, boilers and pumps) should never be mounted on a separating wall, unless fixed on acoustic mountings.
4. In the design of the structure, sound transmission can be reduced if:
a) The floor slab supporting the separating party wall is not continuous,
b) Joists are not built into the separating wall (if this is unavoidable they should be fully sealed),
c) Wall ties in cavity separating walls are omitted if they are not required structurally.
5. Movement joints should not be built into separating party walls.
6. Steps and staggers between dwellings will improve sound insulation.