Tie bars are increasingly being used in structures and buildings as an architectural as well as a structural element. Ancon Tension Systems have been designed to meet the demanding aesthetic requirements of today’s applications.
- Carbon steel or stainless steel
- Bars from 8mm to 56mm diameter
- Choice of finishes
- Aesthetically designed forks
- Locking nut included as standard
- Full adjustment within fork connectors
- Visual check of correct installation
- Isolation supplied as standard with stainless steel systems
A combination of timber and steel can use the best properties of each material and achieve a cost-effective and attractive design. Ancon Tension Systems can be connected to the timber compression members, and if high loads are involved, several bars can be used together.
Canopies are frequently supported from above to provide unobstructed access below. Tension bars transfer the load from the front of the canopy back to the main structure or to a mast for free standing canopies.
The passage of light is normally a vital consideration in the design of glazed structures. The small profile of the Ancon System ensures the maximum transmission of light and can enhance the overall appearance of the structure.