Gehry Technologies, Inc. today announced a significant new release of Digital Project, its advanced Building Information Modeling and Construction Management software, as well as companion add-on modules for the new release.
Digital Project Release V1,R2 is built on Release 15 of CATIA V5, the latest version of CATIA from Dassault Systemes (DS). This new release of Digital Project includes a number of significant new features which further extend the technical lead that Gehry Technologies has in the building design and construction market.
“This release builds on many exciting new features in CATIA V15,” stated Alan Hudin, Director of Development for Gehry Technologies. He continued, “Our partnership with Dassault Systemes allows Gehry Technologies to focus on building industry-specific features and functions, because we can rely on DS to continue to deliver state of the art improvements to CATIA V5 which is already the world’s most powerful PLM engine.”
New Features in Digital Project include:
- Enhancements to Digital Project Architectural Components: Enhancements include: o Improved Placement of partition walls, including parametric definition.
- Stair Libraries with embedded Stair codes with knowledgeware rule editor.
- Interactive Data Sheets: This functionality includes bi-directional links between Digital Project and EXCEL which supports data-driven design.
- Improved Drawing Extraction: Includes real-time access to Master Model attributes from generated drawings and associative text generation as well as expansion of AEC drafting standards.
- Improved Developable Surfaces: Enhancements include a new surface type created from two support curves as well as Gaussian Analysis improvements, used to measure the constructability of such surfaces.
- API’s: Greatly extended coverage of Digital Project and CATIA functions in Visual Basic. New API’s to instantiate user features and Power Copies.
- Dynamic Licensing: This new functionality allows users on a corporate network to check in and check out software on an as-needed basis.
- Primavera Integration: This provides users with means to link 3D BIM components to Primavera™ activities and to simulate these activities in 3D (4D Navigation).
- Chinese User Interface: In support of Gehry Technologies rapidly expanding business in Hong Kong and China, this new version includes a Chinese interface for the first time.
New Add-on Modules for Digital Project include:
- 3D DWG and DXF Translator for Digital Project: Complementing existing 2D translation capabilities, this new product allows users to integrate 3D DWG and 3D DXF files into the Digital Project Master Model. Equivalent export functionality will be released in approximately 90 days.
- Project Manager: Based on Digital Project / Microsoft Office Integration, this is an add-on module to the Digital Project Viewer which enables the integration of Design Collaboration and Construction Coordination information in the master model. Templates and Customizable Processes for Design Issues, Change Orders, and Requests for Information are included. Each can be customized to the needs of specific projects.
“We are delighted with the range and depth of functional improvements achieved in this release,” said Kurt Komraus, 3D Coordination Manager for Gehry Partners, “as long time users of CATIA; we appreciate the significant productivity improvements in this release.”
“We are driven by our users in developing enhancements to Digital Project,” stated Dr. Malcolm Davies, CEO of Gehry Technologies, he continued, “the pace of enhancement to CATIA V5 which Dassault Systemes has been able to achieve, and the excellent technical cooperation between our two companies has allowed us to accelerate the delivery of new functionality to Digital Project.”
Digital Project V1, R2 will be delivered to all existing Digital Project users as part of their annual maintenance agreement. New Digital Product add-on modules are now available for sale through Gehry Technologies and its Business Partners. Gehry Technologies (GT) is the developer of Digital Project™, the world’s most advanced Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Construction Management software. Built on CATIA V5, and launched in October 2004, Digital Project has been adopted by many of the world’s leading Developers, Contractors, Architects and Engineers, working on some of the most complex and creative building projects.