Total and several partners along the construction value chain have decided to associate to form the Clean Site Circular Project which aims at recycling natural shrink hoods wastes from the construction sector in closed systemwithout film performances degradation.
Clean Site Circular Project - Total and Several Partners
It has already been demonstrated that a closed loop ‘shrink hood to shrink hood’ is industrially feasible and technically equivalent to virgin solutions. The film recipe has been developed by Total. It requires the use of Total Lumicene Supertough® 22ST05 as “booster” for the recyclates in order to match the demanding market requirements.
The Clean Site Circular Project, coordinated by Valipac, brings together key actors along the value chain:
- Morssinkhof Rymoplast, which produces high quality recyclates from collected shrink hoods
- Total Polymers, which has developed the film recipe and the “booster” for the recyclates
- Oerlemans Packaging, which produces shrink hood films
- Wienerberger, which uses the shrink hoods for their pallets of building materials
- Valipac, which implemented the Clean Site System 15 years ago for the collection of wrapping films on construction sites
- Fema, which represents the building material actors in Belgium
- Through Fema, the project members intend to spread over this success story to the construction market in Europe