Creating an outdoor kitchen space to spend quality time relaxing with family and friends can be easy with good advice and functional design. The experts at the SEN Design Group and the Jay Rambo Company offer homeowners some valuable ideas and products to help personalize an outdoor living experience with a new outdoor kitchen.
"SEN designers are seeing significant inquiries from consumers wanting space for cooking and eating while at the same time relaxing and enjoying the outdoors," comments Ken Peterson, CKD, president of the SEN Design Group, a national organization of over 175 independent kitchen and bath professionals.
Investing in an outdoor kitchen increases home value, usable living space and functionality. Moreover, creating an outdoor living area with a full operating kitchen is one of the most worthwhile additions you can make to a home.
Jay Rambo Company, a custom cabinetry manufacturer based in Tulsa, Okla., and kitchen designers affiliated with the SEN Design Group offer the following useful advice when considering an outdoor kitchen:
- Work with a reputable contractor and designer when designing an outdoor
kitchen, have a list of needs in mind
- Measure the space allowing enough room for dining outdoors
- Consider that the dimensions of outdoor cabinetry should accommodate
any size grill
- Focus on easy care surfaces and finishes designed for an outdoor
- Blend the decor of practical stainless steel cabinetry with teak
hardwood outdoor furniture
- Design for easy access and easy living including full extension drawers
in the outdoor kitchen spaces
- Purchase a grill that matches your cooking ambitions and the ambiance
of the space