Lightolier, the leader in interior lighting for over a century, has introduced the Vetro Downlights family of decorative design elements. The new decorative elements feature a modern, architectural design expression that leverages the Calculite family of architectural recessed luminaries.
The Vetro Downlights add a level of visual interest to a space while still providing the functionality of Lightolier's halogen, compact fluorescent and metal halide downlights. The product line's minimal, clean, high quality design elements complement the existing family of Vetro pendants and wall sconces. Available in a variety of styles and sizes ranging from a 2 7/8" aperture to a 7 3/8" aperture, the Vetro Downlights offer unlimited scope for a broad variety of applications - all within the same design family.
"Much like the pendants, the true attraction of the downlights lies in their understated minimalism," says Rick Meyer, Lightolier General Manager for Architectural Decorative. "Subtle light patterns are revealed as light emanates in different ways when viewed from different angles beneath the fixture. The downlights are the perfect complement to our Vetro pendants but also excel as a standalone visual statement at the ceiling line."
Vetro Downlights are available in six distinct styles with multiple ceiling aperture frame-in kit versions, including 3" and 4" Evolution, 4" and 6" Metal Halide, and 4", 6" and 7" compact fluorescent:
- D01 Series: A geometrically clean solid translucent form that is polished to a jewelry level finish. This style includes a beveled aluminum insert that creates a visually dramatic negative space when illuminated.
- D02 Series: A geometrically clean solid translucent form that is polished to a jewelry level finish. This style features a frosted interior ring that creates an intriguing glow that is defracted through the solid illuminated form.
- D03 Series: An architecturally sound simple design element featuring a gently illuminated angled opal glass with carefully designed proportions for each lamping and aperture combination.
- D13 Series: Angled opal glass is encased under an additional layer of clear glass, creating an added level of décor.
- D04 Series: A clean ring of hand blown opal glass is carefully proportioned for each aperture and each lamping combination.
- D14 Series: A straight ring of opal glass under an additional layer of clear glass adds an additional level of sophistication.
Vetro Downlights will be available for demonstration at Lightfair International trade show and conference, May 8-10, in booth number 639.