During October and November 2008 HSE in partnership with key stakeholders will be running a national campaign to target tradesmen who are still at risk from exposure to asbestos.
The campaign will build on the success of the previous pilot campaign in the North West. The primary aim of the campaign is to raise awareness amongst tradesmen that they are more at risk than they think from asbestos. The campaign also aims to encourage tradesmen to find out more about asbestos and the precautions they should be taking.
The campaign comprises:
- National radio adverts.
- Adverts in national press
- Distribution of campaign material to tradesmen
- Case-studies being developed nationally
- PR activity, including the use of case studies.
- Articles in trade press magazines.
The campaign launches 13 October. Visit the HSE Asbestos website.