Residential electric customers to join PSE area-wide effort to save energy, money and the environment
Puget Sound Energy:
At the Auburn Puget Sound Energy Rock the Bulb event, ENERGY STAR’s Exhibit House will have its only showing in all of the Pacific Northwest this year. The Exhibit House features the Environmental Protection Agency’s model for an energy efficient home in full model-size. The Exhibit House will be open to the public during PSE’s weekend event at the Auburn Lowe’s.
PSE’s Rock the Bulb tour is a first of its kind, family-friendly energy efficiency festival where PSE residential electric customers can exchange up to 10 incandescent bulbs for energy efficient compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs (with six different types to choose from) and to learn about home energy efficiency tips through fun activities for all ages.
Days/time: Saturday and Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Oct. 10-11 PSE’s Rock the Bulb and ENERGY STAR’s Exhibit House
Auburn Lowe’s Store
1232 A Street NE, Auburn, WA 98002
More PSE Rock the Bulb events
Oct. 17-18 Puyallup Lowe’s Store, 301 37th Ave SE
Oct. 24-25 Lacey Lowe's Store, 5610 Corp Center Lane S
Oct. 31-Nov. 1 Olympia Lowe's Store, 4230 Martin Way East
- Estimated 800 people per day exchanging light bulbs
- ENERGY STAR Exhibit House with Rock the Bulb attendees testing energy efficient features
- Five-foot-tall transparent box filled with hundreds of light bulbs for recycling
- PSE Energy Advisors discussing energy conservation tips
- Which Bulb is an Energy Rock Star? Compare lamps and guess which bulbs are CFLs.
- Children participating in energy efficiency games
- The Power Bike – compare how much energy it takes to power a CFL bulb vs. an incandescent light bulb.
- The CFL bulbs distributed through PSE’s Rock the Bulb Tour will save $2.5 million in combined energy costs each year.
- Lighting accounts for up to 20 percent of the average home’s energy consumption and using more efficient products can lower household energy bills.
- ENERGY STAR qualified CFL bulbs use up to 75 percent less energy than incandescent bulbs while providing the same amount of light.
- The CFL bulbs distributed through PSE’s Rock the Bulb Tour will prevent the greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to taking almost 2,000 cars off the road.
- PSE’s Rock the Bulb Tour — Unplugged events are part of an innovative effort to promote home energy efficiency across PSE’s electric service area. It includes:
- PSE’s Rock the Bulb Tour – Unplugged: Sixteen weekend bulb exchange events held throughout PSE’s Western Washington service area. PSE is offering customers a choice of six different types of CFLs, in a first-of-its-kind event.
- Project Porchlight Puget Sound: PSE will distribute 275,000 free ENERGY STAR CFLs directly to customers through door-to-door volunteers and community event outreach. For event dates or to sign up to volunteer, visit porchlight.org.