At Greenbuild next week McCaren Designs will be introducing their new Greenwalls Modular Planting Systems, a sustainable building solution designed and engineered for maximum biofilteration of indoor air, thermal regulation and striking aesthetics. As this is the first commercially available greenwalls system created by a renowned designer of living architecture, the installation and maintenance of the system is uncommonly efficient and intuitive.
This product launch opens up direct availability to award winning greenwall design structure to facility and building managers and owners as well as the architect/design communities and professional interior landscapers.
Greenwalls Modular Planting Systems Product Launch at Greenbuild 2009
Held at the Phoenix Convention Center, Phoenix, Arizona.
November 10th through November 12th
Press CONTACT: MJ Gilhooley of Gilhooley Consulting, 1-513-284-2719,
McCaren Designs, 1-651-646-4764
Web Sites: http://www.mccaren.com
The Greenwalls system has resulted in owners, designers and occupants reflecting positively about the new green space. "Your product was great to install and work with and look forward to having our designers incorporate McCaren Systems in many, many more projects," Zach Madarash, CEO, KokoBo Plantscapes, Ltd., an award-winning design company in New York.
- Greenwalls are a sustainable, smart solution with a return on investment which can include lowering the heat gain (a lower shading coefficient), noise absorption, improved IAQ, reduced occupant stress, ambiance and visual marketing opportunities.
- Assist in securing LEED credit when used in combination with other sustainable building elements i.e. Sustainable Sites Credit 7.1: Landscape Design That Reduces Urban Heat Islands, Non-Roof (1 point), Energy and Atmosphere Credit 1 (1-10 points) or Innovation in Design Credits (ID), etc.
- With careful plant selection and planning, the greenwall can thrive in most places indoor and out.
- Thermal Regulation-reduction in heat gain (a lower shading coefficient)
- Sound insulation/ Privacy
- Air filtration/ Comfort
- Reduced occupant stress
- Visual marketing opportunities.
- Stormwater control
- Increase in property values once installed
- Structural integrity
- Drip irrigation
- Simple planting
- Waterproof membrane
- Plant stability