The Tilt-Up Concrete Association (TCA) – a non-profit international organization that serves to expand and improve the use of Tilt-Up as the preferred construction method -- has announced the release of the comprehensive 2005 Tilt-Up Reference cd.
The cd, dramatically updated since its original release in the mid 1990s, contains video media, photo archives, technical literature, Tilt-Up presentations and other resources to help the industry identify and understand marketing advantages and advantageous characteristics of Tilt-Up construction.
“The intent is to provide members of the industry with easy-to-use and diverse resources, ranging from current photographic examples of great projects and PowerPoint presentations to multi-media files, to enhance their ability to understand the viability of Tilt-Up as a beneficial construction medium for a much broader range of projects than ever before seen,” said Jim Baty, Technical Director for the TCA.
Specific highlights of the cd include:
- VIDEO MEDIA: Choose from a variety of videos showcasing the Tilt-Up construction process as well as highlight higher-end architectural options.
- PHOTO ARCHIVES: Images from the last three Tilt-Up Achievement Awards program are featured on the cd, providing users a variety of images from which to integrate into their marketing efforts.
- TECHNICAL LITERATURE: The cd contains TCA’s revised specification document that that mirrors the CSI three-part format. Contents of the specification include updated sections regarding finish grades, sample requirements and strength testing. The cd also contains the TCA Wind Bracing Guidelines, released this year. The current version of the Guideline adopts a broader wind speed application, maintaining a focus on bracing for life-safety and not merely property loss.
- TILT-UP PRESENTATIONS: Considerable effort is being allocated within the TCA to educate the architectural industry and the developer/owner community on the benefits of Tilt-Up. One of the outlets for this effort has been the creation of one and three hour presentations that can be offered as a box lunch program or extend-length seminar for AIA Learning Units. The cd contains these presentations, as well as other presentations from other speaking engagements.
- RESOURCES: Other resources available on the cd include TCA Market Segment Flyers, TCA Proven Solutions Flyers, the Australian Residential Brochure and more.
The Tilt-Up reference cd is available for $100 for TCA members and $200 for non-members. For questions or to order, contact TCA at 319-895-6911, [email protected] or visit the TCA website at www.tilt-up.org.