Live appearances by Pro Football Hall of Famer Cortez Kennedy, Seahawks Blue Thunder and the Sea Gals, a special ribbon-cutting ceremony featuring City of Issaquah Mayor Ava Frisinger and other dignitaries, and other highlights will anchor three days of events to celebrate the official opening of Grand Ridge Plaza, the region’s newest destination retail and entertainment center.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 10 A.M.: RIBBON-CUTTING CEREMONY
More than 100 special guests have been invited to join Mayor Ava Frisinger, City of Issaquah, Craig Ramey, Senior Vice President/Senior Market Officer for Regency Centers, René Ancinas, President, Port Blakely Communities/CEO, Port Blakely Companies and Larry Norton, Chairman of Highlands Council, for a ribbon-cutting that will hear remarks about the new center’s significance and impact on the community’s residents and the region’s economy. Following the ceremony, refreshments will be served. Media are invited to attend, and spokespersons will be available for comment.
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 16: GRAND OPENING EVENTS
- 11 a.m.: Seattle Sea Gals, the Seattle Seahawks cheerleaders, host an autograph signing.
- 12 p.m.: Seahawks Blue Thunder drum line will perform as Blitz, the team’s official mascot, greets families.
- 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.: Pro Football Hall of Famer Cortez Kennedy, who played his entire 11-season career with the Seahawks, will be on site to meet fans and sign autographs. Free color photos will be given to the first 300 fans.
- A drawing to award a signed NFL football from the Seattle Seahawks will be held.
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 17: GRAND OPENING EVENTS
- 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.: Family fun and entertainment with performances throughout Grand Ridge Plaza, including jugglers, musicians, and balloon artists.
- Several merchants will offer in-store giveaways and promotions throughout the weekend. For details, go to facebook.com/GrandRidgePlaza.
WHERE: All events noted above will be held at Grand Ridge Plaza at Issaquah Highlands in the plaza area near Regal Cinemas ticket booth.
- Driving directions from I-90: Take the Highlands Drive/Sunset Interchange (Exit #18). Follow Highlands Dr. up the hill and turn right on NE High Street.
- Driving directions from Downtown Issaquah: Drive east on E. Sunset Way, after crossing I-90 E Sunset Way becomes Highlands Dr. Turn right onto NE High Street.
On-site and street parking available; additional parking available at Park & Ride.
ABOUT GRAND RIDGE PLAZA:
Anchored by a custom-designed Safeway and a 12-screen Regal Cinemas, Grand Ridge Plaza serves Issaquah Highlands and the surrounding area. With more than 35 shops and services, as well as 14 restaurants and cafés that have opened from July through early November, Grand Ridge Plaza is quickly establishing a reputation as the shopping and entertainment destination for the greater Eastside.
Regency Centers is one of the nation’s largest developers and operators of neighborhood grocery and destination shopping centers, including 18 in Oregon and Washington. Regency Centers broke ground on Grand Ridge Plaza in June 2012.
About Regency Centers Corporation (NYSE:REG)
Regency is the preeminent national owner, operator and developer of high-quality grocery-anchored and community shopping centers. As of June 30, 2013, the company owned 343 retail properties, including those held in co-investment partnerships. Including retailer-owned square footage, the portfolio encompassed 45.9 million square feet located in top markets throughout the United States. Since 2000, Regency has developed 211 shopping centers, including those currently in process, representing an investment at completion of more than $3 billion. Operating as a fully integrated real estate company, Regency is a qualified real estate investment trust that is self-administered and self-managed.