The Village of Mount Kisco announced today that Xeleum Lighting has been awarded the contract for the conversion of its street lighting in the village’s idyllic downtown area.
Joe Cerretani, of the Village Manager’s Office stated, “The Village/Town of Mount Kisco is retrofitting 210 of our 175 Watt Metal Halide decorative lighting fixtures in the Village Downtown with 36 Watt LED fixtures from Xeleum Lighting. This is a cost-effective, sustainable purchase for the Village and we are glad that we were able to do it with the help of a local company. We look forward to the energy savings, improved lighting, and environmental benefits as a result of this conversion.”
George Palmiero, Xeleum Vice President, stated, “Working with the Village of Mount Kisco was an excellent opportunity for Xeleum. Not only did we get the privilege of helping our hometown, we were able to improve the quality of the lighting in the downtown area and reduce energy costs without compromise. This conversion highlights the fact that the use of LED lighting is growing, not only in commercial and industrial indoor facilities, but in outdoor and public locations as well. He continued, “In addition to the lighting supplied to Mount Kisco, Xeleum also offers a wide array of indoor and outdoor LED lighting products, including LED tubes, troffers, high-bay fixtures, PAR lamps, floodlights, cove lighting and smart stairwell fixtures.”
For over 25 years, Xeleum has been designing and manufacturing lighting and other electronic products for commercial, industrial and residential applications. Xeleum is an ISO 9001-2008 and ISO 13485 certified manufacturer with its world headquarters located in Mount Kisco, N.Y. For more information, please visit www.xeleum.com
ABOUT THE VILLAGE OF MOUNT KISCO
Mount Kisco was founded in 1850 shortly after the arrival of the railroad. Since 1875, Mount Kisco has been an incorporated Village under the Village Law of the State of New York. One half of the Village was in the Town of Bedford, and on half was in the Town of New Castle. In the mid-seventies, the administrations of the two Towns agreed to support the Village’s effort to “secede” from the Towns. Mount Kisco emerged from the Town of Bedford and the Town of New Castle as a coterminous and independent Village/Town of Mount Kisco effective January 1, 1978. Mount Kisco comprises 3.25 square miles and has a population of 9,983 and includes 3,993 households based upon the 2000 census.