Newark Recycled Paperboard Solutions (Newark) today announced the company will showcase new construction products at the international World of Concrete trade show. Newark will present its growing line of products, created from 100 percent recycled paperboard, including the only paperboard rebar chair for concrete pouring on the market.
Newark is a leader in integrated manufacturing of 100 percent recycled paperboard and the production of paperboard products in the U.S. and Canada.
“At Newark, we create innovative one hundred percent recycled paperboard products without compromising on product quality or safety,” said Frank Papa, CEO and President of Newark. “The building and construction industry is a large and important segment at Newark and our focus is to help builders partake in the sustainable building movement and secure Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) credit. We want to be their sustainable business partner.”
At World of Concrete, Newark will showcase the company’s line of new construction products at booth N2221 in the North Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center, including:
- Newark NewForm® WireHolder™ rebar chair: the only paperboard rebar chair on the market. The rebar chair supports concrete construction by lifting the mesh, cable or wire off the ground to keep the mesh supported above the membrane before and during concrete pouring. The wide base provides maximum resistance to being depressed into soft sub-surfaces.
- Newark® Centurion® SoftShield: protects surfaces from extensive damage during construction. Uses include covering stairs, expensive counter tops, tiles or floors.
- Newark Centurion® DetecProtec™ floor protection: covers and protects floors and work surfaces, leaving floors stain-free. DetecProtec™ is engineered to absorb up to one gallon of oil, water, grease, antifreeze and other liquids. If used under an engine, spilled fluids are easy to spot on the covering’s white surface.
- Newark® Centurion® OverDoor Pak: is a reusable solution that is a quick and effective way to protect an entire door during remodeling or construction. The product is strong enough to protect metal, glass, wood or composite wood doors. Easy to install and reusable.
- Newark Centurion® Temporary Surface Protection for Floors: offers protection for wood, tile, stone, concrete, colored concrete, vinyl and other floor surfaces from damage or spills during construction and maintenance. The product is available to include your custom logo, increasing brand visibility on job sites.
“Our foothold in the construction industry stems from our NewForm® Weather Shield® concrete forming tubes,” said Michael Meuli, New Business Development Manager. “Today, one of every three construction tubes in the U.S. is a NewForm® tube. We are leveraging our century of experience developing innovative recycled products to help support environmentally-conscious building. Our new rebar chair for example, is an industry first, not only is it made from recycled paperboard, but it offers a cost-effective, sturdy solution,” said Meuli.
World of Concrete is the industry’s only annual international event dedicated to the commercial concrete and masonry construction industries. The 40th anniversary show is scheduled to take place at the Las Vegas Convention Center from January 20 to 24. The event will feature indoor and outdoor exhibits with the industry’s leading suppliers showcasing innovative products and technologies, exciting demonstrations and competitions, and a world-class education program.
About Newark Recycled Paperboard Solutions
Newark Recycled Paperboard Solutions (Newark) is a leader in integrated manufacturing of 100 percent recycled paperboard and the production of paperboard products in the U.S. and Canada. The company supplies the raw material used to produce its products, making it a self-sustaining, environmentally sound company.
Newark serves a diverse market, offering raw materials to finished products. It is committed to providing customers with customized innovative products and superior customer service. Privately held for 100 years, Newark is headquartered in Cranford, NJ, employs more than 1,500 and operates 33 facilities. It is a member of the Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC), an international not-for-profit organization dedicated to promoting responsible management of the world’s forests. Learn more at newarkgroup.com.