A panel of Handyman Club members approved the PermaFLOW™ - Never Clog Drain via the Club Product Test Program in which the members test products and rate them on characteristics like quality, performance, design, versatility and value, and provide an overall rating. PermaFLOW Drain received an extraordinary 98% overall approval rating from members. PermaFLOW Drain has been featured in the June/July 2009 issue of the HANDY Magazine, the club's official publication as well as on their website www.handymanclub.com
This is the best innovation in plumbing in many years. PermaFLOW's benefits go beyond its visibility; it will also never rust. Installation took less than 15 minutes "This is the best innovation in plumbing in many years. PermaFLOW's benefits go beyond its visibility; it will also never rust. Installation took less than 15 minutes," said James Courtney, one of the Handyman Club Product Testers from Summerville, SC.
With over 900,000 members, the Handyman Club's approval is an important award for manufacturers of home improvement, home maintenance and woodworking tools. The Club is an authoritative how-to source of do-it-yourself tips and product referrals.
"We are honored and pleased to receive this recognition. PermaFLOW™ is well positioned to revolutionize drain management by enhancing self-sufficiency while protecting the environment," said Sanjay Ahuja, Vice President of PF WaterWorks.
About PermaFLOW™ - Never Clog Drain:
PermaFLOW™ Drain is engineered to eliminate sink drain clogs. This new 'Green by Design' 4 in 1 multifunctional home improvement fixture provides a commonsense tool to reduce the time, effort and money needed for property maintenance and has a positive influence in the best practices of Green building.
PermaFLOW™ Drain adapts to standard size drainage system in kitchen and bath sinks (1-1/2") and easily replaces new or existing p-traps while offering several unique benefits:
- Saves Money - Unlike the common P-trap, PermaFLOW™ Drain prevents clog build-up and eliminates the cumbersome work of "clean-out" traps as well as the need for secondary maintenance products and processes such as dangerous drain cleaners, frustrating plunging, drain disassembly, and snaking.
- Safe, Environment Friendly - PermaFLOW™ Drain safely ends the need for hazardous drain-cleaning chemicals and the associated personal safety and environmental issues. Opening the drain is no longer necessary reducing the hazards of exposure to sewer gases.
- Reduces Downtime - PermaFLOW™ Drain is transparent for quick diagnosis of potential problems. The dial can be turned to rotate an internal wiper to remove any build-up. Turning the dial to the three o'clock wiper position provides an emergency bypass option for water flow through the upper chamber, thereby reducing downtime.
- Supports Water Conservation - With the focus water conservation and increased use of low flow rate faucets, PermaFLOW™ Drain facilitates efficient removal of stagnant debris in the trap area. Since drain chemicals are no longer required, gray water pollution is reduced and it is available for recycling.
- Assists with Easy Retrieval of Items - Accidentally dropped items (jewelry, toys, coffee stirs etc) can be easily seen and removed. The dial helps retrieve accidentally dropped jewelry through the sink from the nine o'clock wiper position.
GreenSpec listed, PermaFLOW Drain has received several industry awards including 'Best of What's New' from Popular Science; '100 Best New Products 2008' from Professional Builder, PLATINUM ADEX Award for Design Excellence from Design Journal, and 'Product Innovator Award' from Kitchen and Bath Business.