Lighting manufacturers in North America now have faster access to global markets
Intertek (LSE: ITRK), a global leader in testing, inspection and certification, announces that its Lake Forest, California facility has successfully expanded its IECEE CB Scheme Testing Laboratory (CBTL) capabilities. Intertek is the only lab in North America to have achieved this full scope of accreditation, which includes testing to IEC Standards within the Lighting and Luminaires (LITE) category, covering the rapidly emerging LED Luminaries market.
This accreditation allows Intertek to conduct one set of tests, providing manufacturers with market access to 40 countries who participate in the IECEE’s CB Scheme. The CB Scheme is an international program for exchange and acceptance of product safety test results among participating laboratories and certification organizations around the world, offering manufacturers a simplified way of obtaining multiple national safety certifications for their products.
Lighting manufacturers can now save significant time and money in their testing and certification program. Previously, lighting products needed to be tested by a laboratory outside the United States to obtain these certifications.
“This is just the first step in our CBTL expansions under Category LITE in North America,” said John Quigley, CB Scheme Program Manager for North America. “In the coming weeks and months, additional standards will be added to our scope, creating even greater time and cost efficiencies for our global clients.”
Intertek can now offer IECEE CB Certification of lighting products to the following IEC and national equivalent standards:
- IEC 60598-1 General Luminaires Requirements
- IEC 60598-2-2 Recessed Luminaires
- IEC 60598-2-3 Road & Street Luminaires
- IEC 60598-2-4 Portable Luminaires
- IEC 60598-2-5 Floodlights
- IEC 60598-2-6 Luminaries with built in transformers for filament lamps
- IEC 60598-2-7 Garden Luminaires
- IEC 60598-2-8 Handlamps
- IEC 60598-2-9 Photo & Film Luminaires
- IEC 60598-2-11 Aquarium Luminaires
- IEC 60598-2-17 Stage, Studio and TV Luminaires, Outdoor & Indoor
- IEC 60598-2-18 Swimming Pool Luminaires
- IEC 60598-2-19 Air-Handling Luminaires
- IEC 60598-2-22 Emergency Lighting Luminaires
- IEC 60598-2-23 Extra Low-Voltage Luminaires
- IEC 60598-2-24 Limited Surface Temperatures Luminaires
- IEC 60598-2-25 Clinical, Hospitals and Health Care Buildings Luminaires
- IEC 62471 & 62471-2 Photobiological safety of lamps and lamp systems
Intertek’s Lake Forest lab has been an accepted IECEE CBTL for more than 12 years under the categories of OFF (IEC 60950), MEAS (IEC 61010), MEC (IEC 60065), HOUS (IEC 60335) and EMC.