Oct 7 2010
Chiyoda Corporation ("Chiyoda") (TOKYO:6366)(ISIN: JP3528600004), Japan's leading engineering and construction firm, today announces that Tokuyama Corporation (Head Office : Shibuya, Tokyo, President : Kazuhisa Kogo) group has awarded an Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contract for a polycrystalline silicon plant in Malaysia to Chiyoda in collaboration with Chiyoda Sarawak Sdn. Bhd.
1. Client : Tokuyama Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
2. Contract Details : EPC work for Polycrystalline Silicon Plant (annual production scale of 6,000 tons)
3. Contract Amount : Not disclosed
4. Construction Site : Samalaju Industrial Park, 50 kilometers northeast of Bintulu, Sarawak, Malaysia
5. Schedule : Site construction will start in early 2011, and operation will start in the spring of 2013.
Chiyoda started the Basic Planning Work and consecutively the Front End Engineering Design (FEED) work for this project in the spring of 2008 and has since been awarded the EPC contract. This project will be executed in cooperation with Chiyoda Sarawak Sdn. Bhd.