At the 2011 International Builders' Show in Orlando, Fla., CertainTeed Corporation (Booth W1171) will energize the building industry with innovative, sustainable products and an industry-first mobile app.
The company's world-class building science team will also help tackle several key building industry issues through onsite educational sessions.
Throughout the show, CertainTeed's building science team is leading 30-minute educational sessions, which include: Moisture and Mold Prevention in Wall Assemblies; Sustainability and the National Green Building Standard; and, Selling Energy Efficiency. Each session includes dedicated time for questions from attendees and aligns with the company's newly created building science portal.
Visitors to the booth can also use the CertainTeed-branded Quick Response (QR) code mobile smartphone app to access product information and enter a drawing to win an iPad. A building industry first, the app instantly scans and reads a barcode, specifically a 2D QR code, quickly connecting the user to customized content.
"Innovation, sustainability, building science and new technology all play a powerful role in the building industry and are deeply rooted in our mission at CertainTeed," says Peter Dachowski, president and chief executive officer of CertainTeed. "Our products offer industry-leading performance backed by technical support that ultimately contributes to healthy, long-lasting homes and buildings."
Products that will be showcased at the CertainTeed exhibit are included below. In addition, the company will have its "Seal & Insulate" mobile trailer on display along with its insulation products and blowing machine equipment in the outdoor exhibit area (P5).
- AirRenew™ is a ground-breaking gypsum board that actively removes volatile organic compounds (VOC), specifically formaldehyde and aldehydes, from air circulating indoors for up to 75 years.
- The Hybrid Insulation System combines three of CertainTeed's innovative insulation products to create a cost-effective way to provide a thermally superior airtight seal around the home. The system uses CertaSpray® Closed Cell Foam Insulation, OPTIMA® Blow-In Insulation and MemBrain™ Smart Vapor Retarder & Air Barrier Film.
- EnerGen™ Photovoltaic Solar Power Roofing System — Featuring integrated UNI-SOLAR® thin-film laminates, EnerGen seamlessly integrates with traditional asphalt roofing shingles. The system's lightweight design requires no rooftop penetrations, making it easier for contractors to install while maintaining roof deck integrity.
- CertaWrap™ Weather Resistant Barrier serves as the primary line of defense against the elements during construction and a secondary water barrier after the cladding is installed. Applied prior to exterior cladding, CertaWrap provides superior water holdout, inhibits the growth of mold and will not disintegrate over time.
- Designed to prevent energy loss along uninsulated concrete slab edges, the EnergyEdge® foundation system consists of PVC rails, snap-on braces and expanded polystyrene (EPS) insulation.
- SilentFX™ Gypsum Board, featuring Green Glue® and M2Tech® technology, is a noise-reducing gypsum board specifically designed for systems requiring high STC ratings where acoustic management is needed.
- Highland Slate™ roofing shingles combine the classic look of slate roofing with an unparalleled selection of vibrant color blends at an affordable value.
- Reinforced with embedded glass mats for added strength and moisture and mold resistance, Diamondback™ Tile Backer is a high-performance tile backer that features an industry-first bonding technology that makes tile installation simpler, faster and less costly.
- Made with recycled and renewable content including a plant-based binder, Sustainable Insulation™ is proven and reliable fiberglass technology with no formaldehydes, dyes, or acrylics added.
- Backed by the industry-leading 10-year Stain and Fade Resistance Warranty, EverNew LT cellular PVC decking is now available in two new colors: Spanish Cedar, emulating the look of Western red cedar, and Jatoba, offering the look of exotic look of Brazilian cherry.