Mitsubishi Electric Corporation announced today the Indian-market launch of NEXIEZ-LITE, a new lineup in the company’s NEXIEZ global series of elevators, for low- and mid-rise residential and office buildings beginning April 14. Annual sales of 1,000 units are targeted by 2016.
Standardized functions and specifications for India
- Basic features suitable for low- and mid-rise buildings in India, helping to reduce lead-time while strengthening price competitiveness.
- Mitsubishi Emergency Landing Device (MELD)* and safety functions such as Multi-beam Door Sensor** are standard-equipped.
- Three types of car designs*** matched to architectural designs and colors suited to Indian tastes.
- Gearless traction machine using a permanent magnetic motor reduces power consumption by 20% compared to inverter-controlled worm traction machines.
- LEDs for car lighting reduce power consumption by 75% compared to traditional incandescent bulbs.
* Mitsubishi Emergency Landing Device (MELD)
In the event that passengers become trapped in a car due to a power failure, etc., MELD automatically checks the elevator status and then moves the car to the nearest floor using its rechargeable battery.
** Multi-beam Door Sensor
As the elevator doors close, a sensor uses multiple infrared beams to monitor the entire doorway. If any passenger/object entering/exiting the car is detected, the doors open immediately.
*** Car designs
Three newly designed car ceilings blend harmoniously with Indian architectural designs.