PinPoint Commercial, LP, announced today the completion of The Legacy at Falcon Point, the most technologically advanced Senior Living community in the state of Texas. The community is a 164 bed Assisted Living and Memory Care Community located at 1520 Katy Gap Rd in Katy, Texas.
Through its collaboration with operating partner, Thrive Senior Living, PinPoint and The Legacy at Falcon Point will set a new standard of care for seniors by implementing a new philosophy on how it cares for its residents.
“We have toured hundreds of senior care facilities across the United States, and all of them will TELL you that they provide great care for their residents,” explained Charles Turner, Principal with PinPoint Commercial. “Our goal is a bit different. We want to SHOW you how we provide great care for our residents. We achieve that goal by using technology to produce measurable outcomes, without the clinical feel.”
While many senior housing providers have only recently begun to explore the implementation of new technology, PinPoint and Thrive have made this a core part of their strategy for the past five years. The Legacy at Falcon Point will be the culmination of years of research and trials and errors.
"We foster a culture of innovation. We love to try new things and push our teams to figure out how to implement the next great idea. If it doesn't work, we rip it out and look for something better," added Tod Petty, President of Thrive Senior Living. "The Legacy at Falcon Point will be our showcase for all of our communities nationwide."
Highlights of their innovations include:
- Next Generation Electronic Health Records (EHR): Through a collaboration with Seoul, Korea based LG CNS, The Legacy at Falcon Point will seamlessly capture resident health data and integrate with the medical community.
- Point of Care Solution (POCS): Eliminating the need for antiquated pagers, this hand held mobile device will deliver real time documentation, communication and accountability for hands on care givers.
- Electronic Medication Administration Records (eMAR): This cloud based technology submits and fills prescriptions via hand held bar scanners, thereby accurately managing resident medications.
- TeleHealth: This virtual technology provides real-time physician intervention and patient care, often eliminating the need for hospital admissions or costly office visits.
- 24/7 Discreet Monitoring Systems: Taking motion sensors to a new level, this system will record the daily activity of residents, “learning” behavior patterns and alerting caregivers to potentially urgent situations while helping report lifestyle patterns back to the medical community.
- Personal Activity Monitoring: For lower acuity residents this discrete device will track daily motion activity and sleep patterns to motivate residents to stay physically fit while providing data to the community on potential insomnia issues.
- Senior Friendly Exercise Equipment: Gone are the days of treadmills and “exercycles.” This equipment will encourage “social exercise” for large groups, using air compression technology to personalize strength training goals for each resident in order to maintain strength, reduce falls and stave off dementia.
- Next Generation Nurse Call: The Legacy system will not only respond to alerts initiated by the resident, but will also allow the community to locate a resident throughout the community at any given point in time.
- “Smart” RFID Door Locks: The first stand-alone Assisted Living and Memory Care community to utilize this technology, these locks, which will be integrated into the Nurse Call System, will allow the community to measure exactly who enters each resident’s room and how much time they spent in there. This keeps the care staff accountable and reduces the risk of theft.
- Senior Friendly Tablet Computers: Through collaboration with a UK based company, each resident will be issued a device which will allow them to easily connect with their friends and loved ones through video chat, messaging and passive photo sharing.
- Digital Non-Pharmacological Intervention and Stimulation: A specialized interactive computer program presents new ways of keeping residents engaged, mentally stimulated and entertained.
"I've been managing communities for over fourteen years, and I have never seen anything like this," said Oscar Luna, Executive Director of Legacy at Falcon Point. "In the past, I could only articulate to family members our perception of mom’s well-being. Now, with a couple of clicks, I can access metrics to show them how active mom is, how much stronger she is getting or how well she is sleeping. Plus, we can actually measure who has come in and out of her room and how long they spent caring for her, how much care she is actually getting, and how much time she is skyping and “facebooking” with her friends. This is truly assisted living like you’ve never seen before."
The Legacy at Falcon Point will be hosting a Grand Opening Celebration on Thursday, October 9th from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Please RSVP at 281-394-0628 or email [email protected].