Gordian, the leading provider of data, software and expertise for all stages of the construction lifecycle, announced today an exclusive agreement with Vizient, Inc., establishing the Accelerated Construction Procurement Program to provide speed, transparency and efficiency to construction procurement for its members.
Vizient is the largest member-driven health care performance improvement company in the country and is dedicated to leading health care innovation, creating knowledge and fostering collaboration to help its members thrive.
The Accelerated Construction Procurement Program provides Vizient members with Gordian’s industry-leading Job Order Contracting solutions, which deliver:
- Time and cost savings on project procurement
- A transparent, auditable and streamlined process
- Higher construction quality through Owner and Contractor collaboration
- A Gordian advisor to assist the Vizient member during the entire program lifecycle
“Gordian and Vizient are working together to make the construction process a faster and better process for those in health care,” said William Pollak, Gordian CEO. “We are thrilled to provide efficient tools that change the way construction work gets done in the health care industry. Together, we’re going to help the health care industry achieve higher levels of construction productivity and realize increased cost control.”
Benefits attributed to the Job Order Contracting process include:
- About 24% in administrative cost savings over traditional procurement methods
- Increased efficiency, transparency, collaboration and accountability
- Access to a local network of contractors who offer up-front pricing
- Optimized construction schedule, allowing for more projects to be completed
- Increased use of Minority and Women-owned Business Enterprise (MWBE) vendors
- Management process for change orders resulting in a faster, no-negotiation approval process