Cinemark Holdings, Inc., one of the world's leading motion picture exhibitors, and Lewis Retail Centers, one of the largest shopping center developers in California, have signed a lease to construct a 14-screen, all-digital movie theatre that will feature the company's Luxury Lounger electric reclining seats in the Renaissance Marketplace shopping center, located at the southwest intersection of the 210 Freeway and Ayala Drive in Rialto, CA.
The new Cinemark Renaissance Marketplace theatre is scheduled to open by the spring of 2018, just in time for the blockbuster season.
“Cinemark continues to expand in Southern California and we’re proud that our newest state-of-the-art theatre will be part of the Renaissance Marketplace shopping center,” stated Mark Zoradi, Cinemark’s Chief Executive Officer. “Our new Luxury Lounger recliners and extremely popular XD auditorium will serve a vibrant and growing Rialto community.”
“We are extremely pleased that Cinemark will be joining our group of nationally recognized tenants, including 24 Hour Fitness and others to be announced shortly,” says Randall Lewis, Executive VP/Director of the Lewis Group of Companies.
Renaissance Marketplace is being developed on the site of the former Rialto Municipal Airport by Lewis Retail Centers, who has been in business for over 60 years and is one of the largest shopping center developers in California and Nevada. It is also a member of the Lewis Group of Companies and has developed a portfolio of dynamic neighborhood, community, and lifestyle centers totaling over 9 million square feet. Renaissance Marketplace will have over 500,000 SF of retail and restaurant offerings.
At Cinemark Renaissance Marketplace 14 and XD guests will experience the comforts of a brand new NextGen theatre which boasts the latest cutting-edge technology and customer-preferred amenities including:
- Cinemark Luxury Loungers that are electric-powered, plush, oversized recliners with footrests and cup holders
- State-of-the-art viewing environment with wall-to-wall screens available in all auditoriums
- Cinemark XD: Extreme Digital Cinema auditorium; XD is the number one, private label Premium Large Format (PLF) in the world
- 4K digital projection powered by Barco projectors; RealD 3D capability in several auditoriums
- Enhanced sound systems that will enable customers to hear the movie as the filmmakers intended
- A cafeteria style concession stand
- Online and kiosk ticketing available
- Reserved seating