An innovative Australian heating company is gearing up to make strong inroads into the heating market with the launch of a unique style of open fireplace – the ecosmart® Fire.
The Fire Company has launched the ecosmart® Fire after identifying a gap in the marketplace for an environmentally friendly, aesthetically appealing, efficient and cost effective heating system. Ecosmart® Fires are distinct for several reasons:
- Unlike traditional fireplaces, they do not require any form of permanent fixture or fitting, such as a flue for ventilation or a permanent gas connection for fuel delivery (which also makes them portable)
- They are fuelled by methylated spirits, an ethanol-based fuel which is an environmentally friendly, renewable energy
- The modular design means they are versatile enough to fit into a wide range of architectural environments, and are suitable for all home types, from houses, townhouses to apartments, restaurants, bars and offices
- Depending on the setting chosen, there is virtually no assembly
Award-winning industrial designer Paul Cohen calls the ecosmart® Fire “revolutionary.” “There is no other product on the market that will do what this fire can do. Globally, this design is one of a kind and really redefines the fireplace,” Cohen said.
Stephane Thomas, director of the Fire Company, said the opportunities for the ecosmart® Fire are immense. “We have identified strong opportunities both locally and internationally, primarily in the residential market, and have already experienced strong demand for exporting our products overseas,” he stated.
“The potential of the ecosmart® Fireplace is in their flexibility of design. We give our clients a choice between different styles which can be modified to individual surroundings. The burner Kit and fireboxes enable people to really be creative and limited only by their own imaginations.”
The ecosmart® Fire is specifically engineered with maximum safety and fuel efficiency in mind. Prior to its launch, it was thoroughly tested by Origin Energy Pty Ltd and Enertech Pty Ltd in conjunction with the Australian Gas Association.
The fuel is housed in a stainless steel burner chassis, which can be turned on and off as desired. The intensity of the flame can also be controlled through its built-in regulatory mechanism, which means users can manipulate the amount of heat being generated and the quantity of fuel used. The life of the fire is determined by the amount of fuel in the burner, and once the fuel is burnt there is nothing to clean or clear.
The ecoSmart® Fire can be personally designed to suit each individual's style and environment and upgraded as their tastes change or social trends evolve. It can be:
- Free standing, fitted into a range of personalised finishes (furniture type)
- Wall fitted (fixed fitting)
- Inserted into an existing fireplace as a conversion fireplace
- The ecosmart® Burner itself can be inserted into joinery to create a stream-lined bench top feature
Source: The Fire Company