Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "India Cement Industry Destined For Higher Growth" report to their offering.
Executive Summary The Indian cement industry has witnessed revolutionary development reforms in the 1980s, when the Government partially deregulated the industry to provide it the well deserved growth impetus. Since then the Indian cement sector has experienced unparallel growth both in terms of capacity expansion and consumption. The sector today comprises of approximately 150 large cement plants having an installed capacity of almost 265 million metric tons. The cement sector also occupies a significant place in the Indian economy due to its strong linkages to other sectors such as power, transportation, construction and infrastructure. The report titled Indian Cement Industry An Analysis provides a detailed overview and a succinct, but deep dive analysis of the current status and overall growth of the Indian cement sector. The report provides an insight into the behaviour of prominent value chain determinants of the cement industry including production, consumption and import/export; substantiating key findings with necessary statistics. The report also provides information on the regional level cement demand-supply outlook which will enable the target audience in understanding the contemporary industry scenario. Besides this, the report gives information regarding various initiatives and capacity expansion plans undertaken by the Government and private sector in order to infuse growth in the sector. Indian Cement Industry An Analysis is an outcome of comprehensive research and analysis of the Indian cement sector. The research team has attempted to examine the increase in the demand of low cost houses in the rural areas and its impact on the countrys cement sector. The report also provides a competitive landscape of the sector, shedding light on the business overview, key financials and recent business highlights of the key players.
Key findings in the report include:
- Supported by increased investments in infrastructure by both the private sector and the Government, India is projected to remain one of the largest cement producer and consumer in the world
- Driven by the rapidly growing economy, expanding consumer market and supportive regulatory environment a number of cement manufacturers such as Associated Cement Companies, Ambuja cements and UltraTech Cement have embarked upon capacity expansion plans. For instance, Madras Cements Ltd is planning to invest US$ 178.4 million to increase the manufacturing capacity of its Ariyalur plant in Tamil Nadu to 4.5 MT from 2 MT by April 2011
- With the increase in the demand of housing units which is projected to grow at an average annual growth rate (AAGR) of approximately 230 per cent between FY 2003-07 and FY 2008-12, India is all set to witness an exponential growth in its cement demand
- The Indian cement industry is slowly moving on the path of consolidation. The leading companies are aggressively looking for merger and acquisition (M&A) opportunities in the key cement markets of the country. These M&As are not only providing access to the new prospect markets, but are also balancing the rivalry level in the market. For instance, India's state-run power utility NTPC is planning to set up a cement plant in a joint venture with National Aluminium Company
Key Topics Covered:
- Research Methodology
- Indian Cement Industry: Overview
- Market Performance
- Indian Cement Industry Trade Scenario: Import & Export
- Key Industry Trends & Growth Drivers
- Demand Supply Analysis
- Competitive Landscape