High Concrete Group, a producer of architectural precast concrete and structural precast concrete, is manufacturing a precast concrete parking garage in Allentown, Pennsylvania, for the St. Luke’s Hospital.
The three-story, 96,000-square-foot garage will replace an existing 133-spot surface parking lot with 384 spaces. The precast concrete parts are being made at High Concrete Group’s plant in Denver, Pennsylvania. The project is scheduled to be completed by the end of this year.
The $3.1-million contract was awarded to High Concrete Group by Allentown-based Bracy Contracting, the project’s general contractor. Starting in October, 329 pieces will be set up. Blue Bell, Pennsylvania-based Tim Haahs Engineers Architects has designed the garage.
The $9.6-million project will include a connector between the hospital’s south wing and east wing and a circular drop-off area that will serve the new main entrance of the hospital. The main entrance was completed in 2008. A thin brick finish will be given to prominent elevations to blend with nearby residential structures. The planned construction will take place between South St. Cloud, South 18th, Walnut and Walnut streets.
Since 1957, Denver, Pennsylvania-based High Concrete Group has supplied precast components for over 5,000 projects. It has production facilities in Springboro, Ohio, Paxton, Illinois, Buena, New Jersey, and Denver, Pennsylvania. The company also operates Denver, Pennsylvania-based High Concrete Accessories.