Delta Products has commemorated the groundbreaking of its new U.S. headquarters. The buildings on the Delta premises are designed to earn a LEED Platinum and aim to be net zero energy structures, the first in Fremont city.
Delta is one of the foremost providers of power-saving and renewable energy merchandise and solutions and makes use of its own LED light fixtures, wind turbines, inverters, solar panels, electric vehicle chargers, motor drives, display panels and many more aspects in buildings. Other important green attributes are: regional low water consumption facilities, external pond to hold water, a ground source heat pump and a three-floor atrium light that provides adequate lighting and also functions as a thermal stack ventilation tower.
The salient green features of Delta Americas new headquarters are:
- Natural ventilation and daylight;
- solar energy system with BIPV panels on a ceiling canopy that saves power;
- ground source heat pump that uses underground pipes to transfer heat/coolness to interiors and slashes costs of heating/cooling;
- energy-efficient LED fixtures;
- Delta’s wind turbines;
- active chilled beams to cool/heat spaces;(v) sun shades;
- highly efficient building envelope with R-30-insulated walls, R-45-insulated roofs and effective glazing;
- about 50% of the total space dedicated to beautifully landscaped exteriors; (viii) external pond for holding water, a water-saving feature;
- porous grass pavers that are aesthetic and let water to seep underground, thus also cooling the surface and (x)a green roof that reduces internal heat and the island effect.