At Light + Building 2018, in Frankfurt, Germany, ABB is exhibiting the full range of its smarter buildings, homes, and mobility portfolio. From its 1,400 m2 exhibition space (hall 8.0, booth F50/G50), the revolutionary technology leader is showing how it enables customers to enhance sustainable energy usage, safety and security, and comfort across different building types.
ABB is also displaying its AC wallbox, a new electric vehicle charging solution for homes and businesses, completing the wide-ranging offering of ABB.
We are at the cutting edge of smart homes and buildings, and are proud to be unveiling a range of new products and solutions that span the full electrification chain of smarter energy management through to e-mobility. Our focus is on developing solutions across residential and commercial buildings, facilitating increased energy efficiency, comfort, convenience and security for end users. In addition, visitors have the unique opportunity to see a Formula E car firsthand, as ABB has become title sponsor of the world’s first fully electric international FIA motorsport series, given our revolutionary advances in electro mobility technology.
Tarak Mehta, President - Electrification Products division at ABB
Keeping the end user in mind, ABB’s smarter homes and buildings solutions deliver industry leading energy savings.
- REACT 2 is ABB’s latest high-voltage solar energy storage solution, which can deliver 90% energy self-reliance for homeowners. When used along with ABB’s home automation system, [email protected]®, homeowners can have better control over their electricity usage, avoiding consumption peaks by distributing the load to keep within their generating capacity.
- Widening its reach into KNX-automated HVAC (heating, ventilation and air-conditioning), ABB launches the new ClimaECO offering for commercial buildings, built to increase energy efficiency by up to 30%
- ABB’s EQmatic Energy Analyzer, the first solution for data management amassed via M-bus meters measuring water, electricity, gas, and heat, enabling companies to decrease their energy consumption by up to 20%
- Delivering energy savings of almost 30%, a new energy and asset management portfolio; ‘Give your buildings a new dimension’, combines the functionality of two present ABB energy monitoring solutions with the company’s cloud-based ABB AbilityTM Electrical Distribution Control System to smartly obtain, store, and analyze data on a buildings energy consumption
Comfort and Convenience with ABB AbilityTM
ABB is pushing for interoperability in the smarter homes and buildings domain in the days to come, utilizing open platforms powered by ABB Ability, the company’s cloud-based, industry-leading portfolio of digital solutions, which supports the addition of many services and solutions from both within ABB and external parties.
- Busch-VoiceControl® KNX is a new voice-activated KNX control system that can manage up to 99 building functions. It is the first to be compatible with the three market giants in voice control devices – Google, Amazon, and Apple
- The new MyBuildings portal permits customers to manage and regulate a broad range of automated home and building services, including ABB i-bus® KNX, [email protected]® and ABB-Welcome
- The new ABB-tacteo KNX sensor, an individually-configurable control element for smart building control, allows customers to configure labels and icons on the control element via an online configurator at the MyBuildings portal
Safety and Security
With the safety of both buildings and its residents a leading priority, ABB launches customized solutions for the commercial and residential market:
- [email protected] is a new, user-friendly intrusion and alarm system for residential properties, which combines with ABB’s current home automation solution and door entry system
- With the launch of the new ABB i-bus® KNX IP Router Secure, ABB is one of the first to protect KNX installations within smart buildings such as offices and hotels from cyber-attacks and deliver a more powerful KNX network
- The new AC wallbox offers a superior quality, cost effective electric car charging point for business and private use